Tuesday, May 7, 2013

White Coat Ceremony

Yesterday afternoon, after sitting through our first few classes, the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine class of 2016 participated in our official "White Coat Ceremony". This event is held as an induction  and welcome to the veterinary community and symbolizes our achievement of acceptance into this profession. I can't really describe the feeling that I had as my name was read and my white coat was dressed upon me. Nor can I express the overwhelming fear and excitement I held as I shook hands with the dean and I realized on a new level that this, this is it. In working toward this goal I have known frustration, overwhelming stress, and have had more rejections and heartbreaks than I care to mention. Through it all it was the incredible support of my family and friends as well as determination and perseverance that finally won. I am so very glad they did. Here I sit in truly one of the most beautiful places in the world staring out at the Caribbean sea and reading about the structural anatomy of the canine thoracic limb, knowing that this particular journey is just beginning, and I couldn't be happier. I miss you all very much and say thank you for everything. Let the education begin.


...The evening of the white coat ceremony I got a call from my boyfriend Shawn who asks "Did you receive any special packages?" I at this point had no idea what on earth he was talking about but he continues to tell me to keep an eye out for something. Two days later (very true to the island time theme of "rush slowly" I get an email from the student service desk stating that I have a special delivery that needs to be picked up. I get down there and all three of them are at the front of the desk grinning (keep in mind that customer service here on the island is almost non existent and you have to really work to get a smile out of people most of the time). Shawn had arranged for flowers to be delivered to me at school with a note stating how nice it was to watch my ceremony and how excited he is to see me again. I know he was upset that it took them two extra days to get me the flowers but let me tell you I was melting from the inside out. 




3 comments:

  1. Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, great written and come with almost all important info. I'd like to look more posts like this .
    beverly hills wedding venues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I will do my best to keep them coming. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!!!!! So happy for you
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete