Sunday, May 5, 2013

First Scuba Experience

Today I braved my fear of the open water and experienced my very first scuba dive. After a short class in the shallow water with Kenneth (of Kenneth's Dive Center here in St. Kitts) we motored out to an area with a sunken ship and a tug boat which had been damaged during a hurricane. I had a small panic attack about 15 feet under and had to resurface briefly to catch my breath and re-calm my nerves. Once I got a grip on my own synapses I was able to descend the 35 feet much more peacefully and began to photograph the wreckage. I was amazed at the amount of bright corals, fans, and different small fish that we were able to glimpse. We explored the two different wrecks for about a half an hour and I came away with a whole other perspective to add to my thankfully ever growing folio. Tonight several students (including yours truly) will be heading to the theater to scope out Iron Man 3...One last bit of fun before we dive into school tomorrow!










2 comments:

  1. So proud of you for going through with it!!!!! Looks beautiful. Good luck tomorrow! Yipee!!!!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had a lot of fun :) Here's to new things!

      Delete