Saturday, May 4, 2013

1 day left

Today the school sponsored a catamaran trip for all the incoming students. The school split off into four groups and ours met up early in the morning and motored out to a pretty nice snorkeling area where we swam around checking out a small variety of sea life. The water was beautiful, clear and warm and we were able to see conch snails (I saw at least 5 moving across the sandy bottom), as well as a sting ray that took off rather quickly when two of my classmates dove down to get a better look. There was an old wreck on the rocks that we could swim over to as well. I see see a decent number of small fish but unfortunately the waters around St. Kitts are grossly over fished. In the evening SCAVMA (student chapter of the american veterinary medical association) sponsored a BBQ on the strip (area of beach frequented by students) to welcome the incoming class of 2016. Tomorrow, Sunday, is my last day before the white coat ceremony when I can officially begin my DVM education. Tomorrow I go diving for the first time. Update on how I feel about that will be giving tomorrow...









2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Diving? As in scuba? Sigh.... wish I were there!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, today it's my very first scuba adventure!

    ReplyDelete