Friday, March 8, 2013

Supplies

Today I received my official first semester book list! 6 huge textbooks that are all required. I'm debating whether to get them on amazon ahead of time and bring them with me (65% savings) or take a gamble at trying to buy them from upperclassman once I get to the island. On the one hand They will be less expensive to get on amazon if I can't find any for sale once I get there and the island charges a duty fee on shipped textbooks. The downside is that I would have to pack them all into my carry on luggage and lift them into an overhead compartment to avoid the 50lb checked bag weight limit at the airport. Hmmmmm.... What to do....
The next thing I have to decide on is how I want to go about getting the required dissection tools for my anatomy lab. Dr. Fetherston did give me his surgical kit but it is too nice to use in the lab. I need to get some crappy instruments that I don't care about...

- 1 Mayo-Hegar Needle Holder - 6’’ with Tungsten Carbide Jaws (Model: SP404571)
- 1 Adson-Brown Forceps - 4.75’’ with 9x9 Teeth (Model: SP30-357B)
- 1 Adson Tissue Forceps - 4.75’’ with 1x2 Teeth (Model: SP30-3471)
- 1 Mayo Scissor 6.75’’ - Straight (Model: SP50-1171)
- 3 Kelly Forceps 5.5’’ - Straight (Model: SP60-1881)
- 1 Halsted Mosquito Forceps 5’’ - Curved (Model: SP60-1831)
- 1 Economy Light Mall Probe (Model: SP489-1)
- 1 Scalpel/Knife Handle #3 (Model: SP22-2381)
- 1 Thumb Tissue Forceps - 5.5’’ with 1x2 Teeth (Model: SP30-3311)
Other than that I just need exam gloves and a clip board and I'm all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment