Friday, February 22, 2013

New home

Today I received my official housing assignment. My first semester will be on campus in a building known as douglas hall room 303 (top floor and possible ocean view, fingers crossed). Already my classmates have been posting on facebook what rooms they are in and so we pretty much know already who our neighbors will be. There are only about 8 weeks left before my departure which seems like too much time and not enough time all in one! I plan to spend most of tomorrow packing and preparing. It has been quite a mind twist to try to decide what I will be able to bring with me. I am allowed really only two checked bags and one carry on bag plus my laptop bag. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for unnecessary items (there is also a pesky weight limit of 50 pounds for each of my checked bags). Luckily I won't be needing to pack any large jackets or bulky clothing and most of my clothes are pretty small so I am hoping to be able to pack them all in one suitcase if I use a spacebag. I also have my new address(s): These will be used the whole time I am on the island so if you want to write me a letter the crazy inefficient (but kind of more fun) way:

FOR LETTERS:
Shawnon Kaiser
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
P.O. Box 334
Basseterre, St. Kitts
West Indies

FOR PACKAGES (Duty fee of 55%):
Shawnon Kaiser
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
Island Main Rd
West Farm, St. Kitts
West Indies 

No comments:

Post a Comment