Friday, August 2, 2013

Nearing the end

A lot has happened since the last time that I sat down and actually paid attention to this page. You might be picturing grand swashbuckling adventures as I swing between large sailing ships with a cutlass between my teeth and a cleaver red and white striped sash tied at my hips. Or perhaps you envisioned me laying motionless on a sunny beach in total relaxation, a chilled tropical drink by my side with large inviting drops of condensation cascading down the outside, only a slight breeze and the sound of small waves gently slapping the white sand.  Either way, you'd be sadly wrong. Although I have managed to down a decent amount of rum mostly I have been confined to classrooms with no windows for the majority of each day and to my bedroom desk (with a gorgeous view of the caribbean sea simply there to tease me) for the rest of it. That's right, I am coming up on the end of my first semester of vet school and in less than two weeks I will plunge into 5 days of straight finals including anatomy, physiology, nutrition, and microbiology/histology. There is however, a light at the end of this proverbial tunnel... Right at the end of the stress of finals week Shawn will be coming out to visit and we will be able to spend two weeks of blissful intersemester break lounging around the island. On another note I also purchased a car for use here on the island, a small bright blue '97 suzuki samari soft top. Due to its comic book blue color I have named it krypton. I will spend what I assume will be several frustrating days learning to adapt to driving a stick from the right side of the car while remembering to stay on the left side of the road.... Perhaps I should get a red and white sash... More soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment