Saturday, April 27, 2013

Arrival!

Last night Phie and I arrived on the island after an hour long flight delay in Miami due to a part of one of the engines that was "faulty and needed to be replaced" which is what they told us while we were sitting in the plane on the tarmac. Luckily the flight was uneventful and we landed safely. This morning I woke up and glimpsed the stunning view out of my bedroom window that I will be privy to for the next semester; a view of nothing but the expanse of water that is the caribbean sea. Wow. This morning stop number one was the local grocery store. There I was able to find more than I thought I would be able to which is quite comforting. This evening we reveled in the light of the full moon and made some new friends out at a local bar called the shiggidy shack. We had a blast with the 5 people who actually came out. I'm sure the rest of my class will come around ;)




1 comment:

  1. Just looks like your on spring break! I can't believe you get to go to school there!!!!!!! Jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete